The most advanced care for young patients with cancer
Our board-certified pediatric oncology and hematology physicians at Maimonides Children’s Hospital are outstanding in their fields and provide quality care to children with cancer. We specialize in treating all problems related to cancer, tumors, and diseases of the blood.
Using basic testing and sophisticated laboratory procedures, your child will receive the most advanced care and symptom control, including pain management. All patients are evaluated for enrollment in standard and experimental protocols for clinical trials.
Conditions we treat
- Aplastic anemia – a rare disorder when new blood cells aren’t produced enough
- Bleeding disorders
- Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma – cancers that begin in white blood cells
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) – an immune disorder causing bruises
- Leukemia – cancer of the blood or bone marrow
- Sickle cell anemia – a disorder causing red blood cells to change shape
- Solid tumors
- Thalassemia – inherited disorder where red blood cells are destroyed
Treatments we offer
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
Physicians in this department work closely with the Child Life, Creative Arts, and Education Program to bring stress education and support services to children in our community.