At Maimonides, we are dedicated to improving our employees’ work experience and want to ensure the safety of our staff. We strive to provide you with the proper tools, information, and resources to enable your success.
Maimonides provides competitive, comprehensive, and innovative employee benefits for our eligible non-union employees.
Choose the benefits and coverage levels that are right for you and your family, including:
- Commuter benefits plan⏤All employees may receive pre-tax benefits for mass transit and parking expenses related to commuting to and from work
- Employee discount program⏤Provides discounts on theater tickets, amusement park admissions, clothing, restaurants, hotels, and rental cars
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Life insurance
- Medical/prescription drug insurance
- Maimonides 403(b) plan: All employees may make voluntary contributions to the 403(b) tax-sheltered annuity plan
- Retirement plans⏤For eligible non-union employees (excluding physicians, executives, and senior-level management), Maimonides contributes to a defined benefits pension plan. For physicians, executives, and senior-level management, Maimonides contributes to a defined contribution tax-sheltered annuity plan
- Short-term and long-term disability (including an employee assistance program)
- Vision care
- Voluntary permanent life insurance, short-term disability insurance, critical care insurance, accident insurance, pet insurance, and legal insurance through convenient employee payroll deductions
We offer 511NY Rideshare to all employees and volunteers
We offer 511NY Rideshare, a reliable and cost-effective option for staff to use while commuting during severe weather conditions. The Maimonides interactive ride-matching system pairs you with a pool of potential rideshare matches in your area, based on similar routes and schedules.
Be sure to travel safe!
Employee attendance policies
- Employees are expected to complete their scheduled shifts and be available for the succeeding shift based upon Maimonides’ operational needs
- Employees who are unable to report to work due to extreme transportation difficulties will be charged a vacation day or holiday
- Scheduled employees are expected to make every reasonable effort to arrive on time
- We will enforce Maimonides’ policy and contractual provisions regarding the required notice for calling out before the start of a shift during a weather emergency
Please contact the Human Resources Department (x7518) if you have any questions or concerns.
We want to remind our employees to take extra time and precautions if you are commuting to and from work.
- All employees should arrive early for shifts and have alternate transportation methods in case of inclement weather
- Each department is responsible for providing Emergency Management with updated contact information
- Facilitate early discharges whenever possible
- Prepare snow equipment, and all snow removal contracts should be verified
- Refuel all EMS ambulances and support vehicles
- Supervisors and managers should provide their staff with the appropriate contact information for their direct supervisor
- The Security department should advise team members on exterior patrols to report hazardous conditions