For Healthcare Professionals
Our outstanding staff of medical and surgical specialists is respected for their innovative diagnostic and treatment procedures. The pursuit of clinical excellence, the provision of quality, compassionate care, and the attention to the needs of our patients embody the values of our medical staff.
Maimonides offers programs and services for physicians to support their professional growth and provide a quality practice environment.
Key services for physicians
Streamlined access and transfer services for referring physicians
The Maimonides 1-Call Patient Transfer Center is available 24 hours, 7 days per week, to connect physicians and physician offices with our team. Registered nurses (RNs) connect you with the right specialists and can arrange transfer services from a doctor’s office to our hospital, and from hospital to hospital. This dedicated hotline supports all medical specialties.
- Call Center staffed by RNs to connect you to specialists 24/7
- Doctors’ offices to hospital
- Hospital to hospital
- We’ll find the specialist⏤all services lines
- We’ll find a bed for your patient
- We’ll send transportation to bring your patient to Maimonides
These guidelines and forms can be given to patients when referring to doctors outside of the network:
- MMC Insurance Out-of-Network Letter
- Physician Out-of-Network (Surprise Billing) Guidelines
- Physician Out-of-Network Referral Letter
Educating the minds of tomorrow
Maimonides is 1 of the largest independent teaching hospitals in the United States. Learn about our residency and fellowship programs, internships and undergraduate education, and continuing education programs.