Advanced medical training for future specialists
Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn offers a wide range of fellowship programs for physicians who wish to specialize in a particular area of care.
As a fellow, you will work closely with our resident staff and often function as junior attendings. In addition to clinical training, you will participate in a well-organized didactic program of seminars and teaching conferences, which provide a balanced and complete education. Weekly conferences, daily teaching rounds, grand rounds, and mortality and morbidity conferences are just some of the regularly scheduled sessions.
Research plays an important role in your development as a fellow, with research project requirements particular to each program. Throughout the year, academic conferences and presentations by distinguished scholars, visiting professors, and physicians take place.
Our Office of Academic Affairs also conducts Development Seminars over the course of the year addressing a range of topics and issues, which affect house-staff training and development. Sessions may include stress management, practice management, test-taking skills, substance abuse, patient/physician communication, cultural diversity, sexual harassment, and ethical issues.
Our fellowship programs
- Breast Surgery Fellowship
- Cardiology Fellowship
- Child Abuse Pediatrics Fellowship
- Critical Care Fellowship
- Emergency Research Fellowship
- Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship
- Gastroenterology Fellowship
- Geriatric Medicine Fellowship
- Infectious Disease Fellowship
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship
- Medical Education Fellowship
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) Fellowship
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Fellowship
- Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship
- Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship
- Pulmonary Medicine Fellowship
- Vascular Surgery Fellowship
Our graduates have gone on to successful careers in their specialties, as well as general academic and private practices
The future of medical care is you
Our program strives to provide the best educational experience in an environment that assures a balance between academic and clinical activities. We take great pride in our success in preparing residents to become the next generation of expert practitioners.