Board-certified gastroenterologists and pulmonologists in the most advanced, comfortable environment
Our advanced Endoscopy Center at Maimonides is a 10,000-square-foot facility located across the street from the main Medical Center and has an underground walkway for the convenience of our patients and staff. The Center has 6 comfortable procedure rooms with the latest equipment that allows our board-certified gastroenterologists and pulmonologists to perform all endoscopic procedures in the safest and most modern setting possible.
We provide diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies. Diagnostic endoscopies are used to aid doctors in diagnosing a patient, whereas therapeutic endoscopies are used to treat the patient via the endoscope. These are alternatives to much more invasive procedures or surgeries.
Diagnostic endoscopies we offer to visualize specific organs
- Colonoscopy – Large intestine (colon) and rectum
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) – Digestive tract, surrounding tissues, and organs
- Esophagoscopy – Esophagus
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy – Lower part of the large intestine (colon)
- Small bowel enteroscopy – Small intestine
- Upper gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (EGD) – Esophagus, stomach, and 1st part of the small intestine
We offer therapeutic endoscopies for treatment
- Hot biopsy – Ablation of mucosal lesions
- Sclerotherapy (vein procedure) – Control of GI bleeding
- Polypectomy – Electrosurgery to remove polyps from the colon
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – Common bile duct stent placement, mechanical lithotripsy, nasobiliary drain placement, and pancreatic duct stent placement
- EUS-guided fine-needle cytology – Obtain samples for staging lesions in the GI tract and other organs
- Bougie (Maloney and Savary) – Esophageal dilation
- Gastroscope – Foreign body removal
- EndoCinch endoluminal gastroplication (ELGP) – Alters the sphincter to reduce symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
The Endoscopy Center is staffed with a culturally diverse team that can provide both information and education to our patients in Russian, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), and Spanish. We are also equipped with a talk system for deaf patients.