Expert care, from the complex to the commonplace
From treating fractures from the playground to complex congenital anomalies from birth, we are committed to the care of your child’s orthopedic problems. Our specialists are highly trained to recognize and respond to the individual needs of your child. Our orthopedic team collaborates with staff from radiology, plastic surgery, hematology/oncology, vascular surgery, and infectious diseases to provide high-quality, comprehensive care. This collaborative approach is designed to provide each patient with an individualized plan of pediatric medical services that is delivered in a family-centered environment.
Schedule an appointment by calling 718-283-7500 today.
Conditions we treat
Orthopedic conditions can be broadly divided into two categories: musculoskeletal problems and congenital anomalies. Musculoskeletal problems are those that develop over time, such as fractures, sprains and strains. Congenital anomalies are abnormalities of the bones or joints that are present at birth.
- Blount’s disease – A rare growth disorder that causes a bowlegged appearance
- Cerebral palsy – The most common motor and movement disability in children
- Clubfoot – A deformity when an infant’s foot is twisted
- Congenital deformity – A problem with the bones or joints that is present at birth
- Congenital dislocation of the hip – A problem with the hip joint that is present at birthD
- Fractures – Breaks can happen in any bone, often due to a traumatic injury
- Growth plate injuries – Injuries to the cartilage near the ends of bones in children and adolescents
- Hip dysplasia – A hip abnormality causing dislocation
- Neuromuscular disorders – Diseases that affect the nervous system and muscles
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis – A hip disorder in some adolescents
Maimonides Children’s Hospital offers comprehensive care for all types of pediatric orthopedic problems. We provide both surgical and non-surgical treatments, depending on the individual needs of each child.
As Brooklyn’s only children’s hospital, your child will receive the best possible care from our team of specialists. Our doctors are experienced in treating a wide range of orthopedic conditions, and they are dedicated to providing the best possible outcome for each child.
Other services at Maimonides Children’s Hospital
In addition to our orthopedic services, Maimonides Children’s Hospital offers a wide range of other pediatric services, including:
- Child Life, creative arts, and education programs – Our Child Life specialists help children and families cope with the stress of hospitalization.
- Neonatal and pediatric intensive care – Our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) provides around-the-clock care for premature and sick newborns.
- Pediatric inpatient and emergency care – When your child needs to be hospitalized, we provide the best possible care in a family-centered environment.
- Pediatric infectious disease care – Our team of specialists provides comprehensive care for children with infectious diseases.
- Pediatric surgery – Our surgeons are experienced in performing a wide range of pediatric surgical procedures.
- Pediatric cardiology – Our pediatric cardiologists provide comprehensive care for children with heart conditions.
- General pediatricians – Our general pediatricians provide primary care for children from birth to 21 years of age.
- Pediatric endocrinology and diabetes care – If your child has a hormone disorder or diabetes, our team of specialists will work with you to create a treatment plan.
Maimonides Children’s Hospital is dedicated to providing the best possible care for each child and family. We believe that families are an important part of the care team, and we work closely with them to ensure that their child receives the best possible outcome.
If you have any questions about our orthopedic services or would like to schedule an appointment, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment.