Compassionate care for your child’s skin
Most children experience benign rashes and other abnormalities of the skin, but some abnormalities can be a sign of a more serious illness. We provide thoughtful, inclusive consultation and expert care for a broad range of pediatric dermatological disorders. Our pediatric dermatologist has specialized training and skills to meet the unique needs of children and their sensitive skin.
Our collaborative approach to care means we partner with you and your child to create a treatment plan that’s right for them. We offer the latest advances in medical and surgical treatments. From the very common to the very rare, we have the experience and expertise to care for your child’s skin condition.
Conditions we treat
Common pediatric dermatologic conditions we treat include:
- Acne – Often affecting teenagers, acne is the most common skin condition in the United States. We offer a variety of treatment options to minimize the appearance of acne and reduce the risk of scarring.
- Eczema – A chronic condition that causes the skin to become dry, red, and itchy. We offer a number of options to help relieve the symptoms of eczema, including atopic dermatitis.
- Epidermolysis bullosa – A rare, inherited skin condition that results in fragile skin that blisters and tears easily. We offer comprehensive care and support for children and families affected by EB.
- Genodermatoses – Inherited genetic skin disorders that can have a wide range of symptoms. We offer expert consultation and management of these complex disorders.
- Hair loss – Hair loss can be a normal part of development or a sign of an underlying medical condition. We offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment for hair loss in children.
- Molluscum contagiosum – A viral skin infection that causes small, flesh-colored bumps.
- Pigmented and vascular birthmarks, including infantile hemangioma – These birthmarks are benign (noncancerous) growths that can occur at birth or develop soon after. We offer a range of treatment options for birthmarks, including laser therapy.
- Psoriasis – A chronic, relapsing/remitting inflammatory skin disorder that can affect children of any age. We offer a number of treatment options to help control the symptoms of psoriasis.
- Ringworm – These fungal infections can affect the skin, hair, or nails. We offer treatment options to help clear the infection and relieve symptoms.
- Skin infections – Bacterial, viral and fungal infections of the skin are common in children. We offer prompt diagnosis and treatment of these infections to help relieve symptoms and prevent complications.
- Vitiligo – A disorder that causes the loss of skin color in patches. We offer a number of options to help restore skin color and improve the appearance of vitiligo.
- Warts – Warts are common, benign (noncancerous) growths that can occur on any part of the body.
What sets us apart
- Wide range of services: We offer a comprehensive array of inpatient and outpatient pediatric dermatology services.
- Personalized care: We partner with you and your child to create a treatment plan that’s right for them.
- Leading-edge treatments: We offer the latest advances in medical and surgical treatments.
- Expertise in rare conditions: From the very common to the very rare, we have the experience and expertise to care for your child’s skin condition.
- Caring environment: Our child-friendly facilities and staff create a warm, welcoming environment for your child and family.
If testing is required, we use the least invasive technique possible, such as punch biopsies, to minimize discomfort for your child. We also offer a number of options to help relieve the itching and pain associated with many skin conditions.
Our team approach to care means we partner with you and your child throughout their treatment. We also work closely with other specialists at Maimonides, as well as with your child’s primary care physician, to provide comprehensive care.