Institutional Review Board (IRB). The IRB facilitates the review and approval of human subjects’ research studies that comply with federal regulations. The IRB is a group of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, scientists, and community members committed to protecting the rights and welfare of human subjects that participate in research studies. The IRB is supported by an administrative office. (For more information, click on the IRB link on the left sidebar.)
MRDF-Maimonides Research and Development Foundation
The Maimonides Research and Development Foundation is a “Not-For-Profit Organization” established exclusively for the educational, scientific, medical and charitable purposes carried on by Maimonides Medical Center. This Foundation is established in compliance with the laws of the State of New York.
Grants and Contracts
The Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC) at MMC provides a wide range of pre-award consultative services including proposal preparation and submission, subcontracting advice, payment processing and others. On the post-award side, The OGC sets up grant accounts and communicate with faculty and sponsors on any actions related to the grants/contracts and their financial management.
Our goal is to provide Expert, Timely and Responsive service to the faculty and staff of Penn State that are seeking and/or managing grants or other sponsored programs.
Lists of prior work:
- SAMHSA ED-ALT Federal Grant: $1,200,000.00 for Department of Emergency Medicine
- ECRIP State Grant: $586,000.00 for Department of Emergency Medicine
Office of Research Administration
The Office of Research Administration (ORA) provides administrative and other support to facilitate clinical and health services research led by health care practitioners at Maimonides Medical Center, including faculty and attending physicians, fellows, residents, and nurses.
Data Analytics and Clinical Informatics
- Work with clinicians in creating a long term vision for informatics at Maimonides Medical Center
- Design systems to mesh with clinical workflows and provide ease of use, consistent with how clinicians actually work and think, while meeting all regulatory requirements
- Engage clinicians and inspire the appreciation for what value technology can offer to their patients and their practice
- Provide clinical staff with better grasp of the full capabilities and limitations of our current systems
- Clinical staff and MIS will partner in prioritizing the allocation of available resources for clinical systems
- Appropriately prioritize projects and requests
- Integrate the clinical, administrative and logistical systems at Maimonides Medical Center to provide maximum value to our patients