Maimonides Medical Center Division of Gastroenterology has launched a new Open Access Endoscopy Program (OAEP) that expedites appointments for healthy patients who need endoscopic procedures for screening or surveillance.
With one phone call, patients who meet the criteria can be immediately scheduled for endoscopies at Maimonides’ Ambulatory Surgery Unit and provided with preparation instructions.
Patients eligible for OAEP
- Are healthy or have stable chronic illnesses (e.g., well-controlled HTN or well controlled DM)
- Do not have advanced cardiac, lung, or kidney disease
- Are under 80 years old
- Are comfortable being referred for endoscopy without first seeing a gastroenterologist
- Screening colonoscopy in average and high-risk individuals
- Surveillance colonoscopy in patients with a prior history of colon polyps
- Diagnostic colonoscopy following an abnormal hemoccult, FIT, Cologuard, or Virtual Colonoscopy result
- Surveillance of known Barrett’s esophagus
- Repeat upper endoscopy (EGD) to document stomach (not duodenal) ulcer healing
Our male and female providers include individuals fluent in Chinese, Hebrew and Russian, with translation services available for other languages.
To refer a patient or for more information call 718.283-5900, Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Referrals can be faxed to 718.635.6952.