Kosher Food Prep Supervisor
Full Time – AM & PM shifts & varied shifts
THE BEST CAREERS. RIGHT HERE @ BROOKLYN’S LEADING HOSPITAL.
MAIMONIDES: TOP TEN IN THE U.S. FOR CLINICAL OUTCOMES
Maimonides Medical Center is at the forefront of innovation in medical science and is the largest hospital in Brooklyn – the most populous borough in New York City. The Maimonides Heart & Vascular Institute ranks among the top 1% of hospitals in the US for heart attack and heart failure patient outcomes. The Surgery Department at Maimonides has experts in all major specialties. Our Cardiac, Neuro, Orthopedic, Thoracic and Urologic surgery divisions are among the best in the nation, with superb Anesthesiology Services, advanced imaging technology and next-generation Operating Rooms. The accredited Maimonides Cancer Center is the only full-service center in Brooklyn, providing all treatment modalities and specialties. Our highly regarded Breast Center is home to a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
We are currently seeking a Kosher Food Prep Supervisor to ensure that kosher dietary laws are maintained in all food service/food preparation areas and ensure all food items served to patients, the cafeteria, CMHC, and catered events are prepared using standardized recipes. You will also maintain Kashruth preparing for all products and well as supervise Kosher catering staff. In addition, you will:
- Inspect food preparation areas and analyzes operations to ensure that separation of meat and dairy food processing and equipment is maintained;
- Inspect all food/non-food supplies for the presence of Kosher certification
- Oversee all food production and service for patient service, CMHC, cafeteria, catering
- Ensure that HACCP standards and re-thermalization specifications are followed.
- Develop standardized recipes to ensure patient safety, yield, minimize waste.
- Train staff to utilized to portion sliced meats and other equipment for food preparation, convection steamers, steam jacketed kettles, tilting skillets, convection ovens, grills, fryolators, and blast chiller in the cooking, chilling, prep
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards
- Graduation from/ordination by a recognized Orthodox Jewish Rabbinic Yeshiva.
- Graduation from a culinary arts program preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of religious supervisory experience in food services required, preferably in a medical setting.
- Good interpersonal and verbal/ written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Hebrew required.
- Speaks, reads and writes English to the extent required by the position.
- Must pass math skills test (knowledge adequate for calculating quantities of ingredients).
Kosher Food Prep Supervisor, for immediate consideration, please email resume to: Rabbi Abraham Friedlander, [email protected]. An EOE