THE BEST CAREERS. RIGHT HERE
@ BROOKLYN’S LEADING HEALTHCARE SYSTEM.
MAIMONIDES: TOP TEN IN THE U.S. FOR CLINICAL OUTCOMES
We’re Maimonides Health, Brooklyn’s largest healthcare system, serving over 250,000 patients each year through the system’s 3 hospitals, 1800 physicians and more than 80 community-based practices and outpatient centers. The system is anchored by Maimonides Medical Center, one of the nation’s largest independent teaching hospitals and home to centers of excellence in numerous specialties; Maimonides Midwood Community Hospital (formerly New York Community Hospital), a 130-bed adult medical-surgical hospital; and Maimonides Children’s Hospital, Brooklyn’s only children’s hospital and only pediatric trauma center. Maimonides’ clinical programs rank among the best in the country for patient outcomes, including its Heart and Vascular Institute, Neurosciences Institute, Bone and Joint Center, & Cancer Center. Maimonides is an affiliate of Northwell Health and a major clinical training site for SUNY Downstate College of Medicine.
The Division of Endocrinology at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn NY is seeking a full-time Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) to join Maimonides Diabetes Education Center. We are proud to be an ADA Recognized Program and are looking to grow with a talented and compassionate group of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists.
The clinical responsibilities of the new Registered Dietitian (CDCES) consist of providing MNT (medical nutrition therapy) and outpatient diabetes education, self-management training, and comprehensive care to diverse patients with diabetes, including patients the latest Diabetes Technology including insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors, within a patient-centered and team-based approach.
Specifically, you will:
- Collect data and formulate assessments to identify the gaps and needs in the diabetes self-management of patients. Facilitates patient care through needs assessment based on all aspects of patient’s life and plans and implements new interventions accordingly.
- Provide Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Download data from different meters, pumps and glucose sensors and able to interpret data and plan interventions
- Develop educational goals, learning objectives and a plan for educational content and teaching methods to patients.
- Coordinate diabetes resources for the patients, family members and staff.
- Provide accurate documentation of assessments, plans, interventions and evaluation of patient activities in the medical record including documentation in electronic medical file and ADA Chronicle Data Base.
- Collaboratively develop an individualized follow-up plan with each patient.
- Evaluate effectiveness of educational services provided by measuring attainment of learning objectives through clinical and behavioral outcomes.
- Actively participate on an ongoing basis in the comprehensive therapeutic plan of the patient, is proactive in tailoring plan to specific patients or create specific interventions
- Provide support to a multidisciplinary staff to ensure continuity of care for every patient
- Participate in the development of training materials and education materials for our program.
- Participate in quality improvement process/identify and address opportunities for improvement.
- Attend all educational seminars and management rounds & quality assurance and departmental meetings
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program safety, environmental, and infection control standards
- Help Plan events for Maimonides in clinic and in the community.
- RD, CDN, CDCES (Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist)
- Minimum 3-5 years recent clinical experience in the care of patients with diabetes and certification as a CDCES.
Excellent benefits. SALARY $90,000-$110,000. Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) for immediate consideration, please forward a resume or CV to: Jessica Akimova. [email protected]
Maimonides Medical Center (MMC) is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard for race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. MMC is committed to following the requirements of the New York State Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.